Friday, July 25, 2008

I’m Freezing

This marks the end of DAY SIX of the Master Cleanse (I love putting different links for this) and I’m just really, really cold. Really, I’m feeling abnormally cold. It’s like I blew my thyroid gland or something. Apparently this is normal and my friend who is now phasing out (I’m so jealous of her orange juice drinking) was also feeling really cold. My other friend quit today…made it 2.5 days. I’m even more jealous of her, but I’m persisting. Four more days.

Although, I am going to the California Homeschool Expo next weekend, which means food on Friday night. So, I need to figure out if 2.5 days is enough time to phase back in.

The brain surgeon was called in for the third time this week, so he's spending the night on his feet in the operating room AGAIN. Poor dear.

So, I’m trying to get some organization to this blog thing, but I don’t know how that will look yet. Maybe I’ll put in a tips section now that I’ve written like 50 “How To” articles on everything from how to make a smoothie to how to groom llamas (yes, llamas). We’ll see.

I wanted to start a gratitude journal, so I thought I’d just do it on here. My goal is to list five things a day that I’m grateful for, so here goes. These are NOT in order of importance.

  1. I’m grateful that my three beautiful babies are healthy, happy, intelligent and funny…and that they smell like warm laundry most of the time (except for when they smell like poop or vomit, which is a fair amount of the time).
  2. I’m grateful for my fabulous husband…that he is kind, whip-smart, funny, athletic, father of the millennium and more and I'm grateful that I miss him, because that means I still think he's hot.
  3. I’m grateful for my mother, who is always 100% there for me and always supportive, loving and kind (also, I worry less because she does enough worrying for 10 of me).
  4. I’m grateful for my family, in all directions (up, down and sideways).
  5. I'm grateful for free parking. I pulled up to the 3-hour meter today at the soccer field and there was already 2 hours and 20 minutes paid. Yippee! (The best part is the meters don’t start until 9 and it was only 9:15).

There are so many things, it is hard to stop at five. I think I'm going to try to make them more specific (rather than like, kids, husband, health, family, job, weather or whatever). We'll see.


Oh, and speaking of stinky kids…My two favorite little kid stories at the moment are: “I Love You, Stinky Face” and “My Monster Mama Loves Me So.”


Okay, I’d have hot chocolate (vegan, of course), but I can’t, so I’m going to go crawl under 10 blankets now.

Toodles.

No comments:

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio