Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Licked the Spoon and it was Divine!

I’m looking for tomorrow’s news for FiercePharma, which is always very interesting. Sometimes when I'm researching for the news, I get sidetracked by the stories. Other times, I get the urge to blog. Like now.

The brain surgeon also is having me edit some things for his M&M tomorrow. My wifely duties are never done, but I’m happy to perform.

So, what day am I on with the Master Cleanse? Day 3. That’s right.

DAY THREE: First, it is true that the urge to eat has mostly subsided. I find this peculiar and interesting. Second, the little trick I heard about was to lick the spoon after you’ve put in the rest of the maple syrup for a little sweet treat. I’m not much into maple syrup so on day 1, I didn’t bother. On day 2, however, this woman became desperate for a little variety. I licked the spoon and dare I say, it was divine.

As a result, I went truly wild today. Since I don’t particularly like the sweetness of the Master Cleanse concoction, I had watered it down the first two days and even went down to 11 tablespoons of maple syrup rather than 14.

Today, I had a brilliant thought: What if I just had the whole, entire, divine, delicious spoonful of maple syrup at once. If I subtracted some from the concoction anyway, what difference would it make? So, I did it and OMG it was a little spoon of heaven. Truly!

Oops, I did it again. I was fixing the kids lunch between soccer camp and park camp and I thought, “Well, I did skip 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, so having another one won’t hurt!” Yum…another spoonful of joy.

Now is the time when those late-night munchies start to hit. I figure, I’ve got a lovin’ spoonful left.

Unless someone gives me a reason to skip it between when I finish typing and when I reach the refrigerator, DAY THREE of the Master Cleanse will be the day of the maple syrup shots.

Toodles!

No comments:

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio