Monday, April 14, 2008

School Night

Except for my writing class, I spent the day playing with my fabulous children.

The L-man has his mommy-and-me class in the mid-morning (10-12), but it’s really mommy-and-all-three on Mondays, since I take them all. Today, BooBoo crashed right when it was time to leave. I let her sleep, so we missed all but the last 10 minutes of the two-hour class.

I packed a picnic, though, so we stayed at the park until 1:30, which is when Miss M’s afternoon class (no mommy) is. While we ate, a nice woman approached me and asked if I was homeschooling the kids.

I felt so crunchy.

And sort of itchy.

Do I look granola? I wondered. Or like a born-again? How does she know?

But then she clued me in. “I noticed you have an older one not in school.”

I felt better when I realized I hadn’t developed the universal homeschooler sign on my forehead, but sad when I realized Miss M had grown up so much.

It really goes by much faster than people say. Just seconds ago, it seems, I wasn’t yet a mother. Now, my oldest is over five-and-a-half. Whoa.

After dropping Miss M off, I took the younger two to the library. We read stories until they started to melt down and began YELLING in the library. I dropped the books and headed out through the annoyed stares. L-man then threw himself on the sidewalk in front of the car and had a crying fit because he wanted to go to the sand park. I hugged my tired muffin and let him know I felt his pain.

That's when I realized I had POOP on my arm from carrying BooBoo. How had I missed that?

So I changed her, head to toe, wiped my hands and the affected arm, doused myself in sanitizer and strapped the babes in their carseats.

We headed home for naptime, but they both were out cold before I left the parking lot.

I didn’t know what to do, so I went to Del Taco. I’m not vegan at Del Taco - or even health conscious. I had cheese on my bean burrito. Yummy Del Taco, artery clogging, unhealthy cheese. Ummmmmmmmmm…

Did you know you can add Del Taco as a friend on MySpace? I did and now I have two friends, including Tom.

The embarrassing thing about this trip to Del Taco, though, wasn’t my flagrant disregard for my commitment to veganism or good eating habits in general. Nooooooooooooooooo. What was embarrassing was the fact that I had no cash and had given my debit card to the brain surgeon so he could pop by the bank for me. As a result, I had to charge the Del Taco run on the credit card.

Suze Orman would so disapprove.

And I’m a-double-whammy-shamed. Del Taco and using plastic in one day?

Okay, the guilt has passed.

Soon the brain surgeon came and met me back where Miss M was so I could go to class, but I couldn’t pay much attention because I had to finish a draft for the HFM paper. I worked on it while the, um, star of itsallaboutmetv read his stuff.

I did finally learn about screenplay formatting, though.

My mean girl (if you don't count that most are boys) clique became official when the ringleader emailed the five of us after class. Since the other four are showbiz types, I feel pretty special to be included. They’re more than just the pretty people…they’re pretty ACTOR people.

Since they’re aching to be famous, I think I’ll direct to you them here, especially since Tom Kiesche made it so easy with his email last night:

Tom is here, here, here, here and here. No, I did not surf for all of those.

The comedian is here and here.

I had to Google Shannon and Seth.

Really, I’ve been surfing the four of them when I need a writing break and they’re all quite entertaining. I laugh all through that class and it's usually because of something one of the mean girls said. They're witty, I tell you.

Plus they all want to be famous.

So, I'm adding that to my task list.

1. Hug a brain surgeon.

2. Help actor types in the mean girls clique become famous.

I went to class to bring some creativity back to my writing. I stay in class cuz I like my new posse.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a mention! Yay!

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio