Monday, April 21, 2008

An Ad Agency and an Acting Debut

I didn’t blog yesterday, so already I don’t get to be OCD about this blogging business. Not that it’s a business.

Yesterday was another open house day. My realtor was out of town again, but instead of me, he had this guy sit my house. He was somewhat annoying. Oh well.

Overall, the day was dull and unproductive for me. I cleaned and staged. I edited a few papers. I prepped for my meeting today.

The brain surgeon took the children to the Page Museum and to the Boone Children’s Museum at LACMA.

Today was weirdly fun. I worked from home this morning, had a brainstorming session at Carat in the afternoon and my writing class (AKA “social hour”) in the evening.

Miss M went to work with the brain surgeon today in the brain research lab. He’s studying a hideous type of brain tumor called glioblastoma multiforme. She was so excited to go, she couldn’t sleep last night.

The brainstorming sesh was fun. I sometimes enjoy ad execs and that kind of creative atmosphere, especially when it surrounds a product I can stand behind.

Plus they had sandwiches.

I had about 15 minutes at home before it was time to go to class. The brain surgeon had already taken the kids to the YMCA for me. I walked the Vizsla .



Then I realized this was the longest time I’d been without seeing BooBoo since her birth. I realized this because my boobs were huge, as well as a tad achy and lumpy.

So, in full corporate mom mode, I ran back into the kitchen to grab my breast pump. Then I remembered I had given it away. Now someone else was enjoying the fun of electronic milking.

You, too, can moo. Woo!

Oh well, I know how to do the manual expression thing, even if it’s been a while.

It’s at moments like these when I see what a turn my life has taken. I’m wearing my corporate mom clothes and writer bag for class over one arm, and I'm leaning over the kitchen sink squeezing milk out of my boobs into a sippy cup.

If you’d forgotten how glamorous my life is, I’ve just reminded you.

Then I put the milk in the fridge and went to class, WHERE…

I made my first acting debut since high school (unless you count Pi Beta Phi rush week)!!!

It’s true. I read not one, but two parts tonight.

In one, I read the part of a 28-year-old wife of a philandering husband for a sitcom. In another, I played a dominatrix in an action adventure.

I actually read this line aloud:

"Do you want me to take off my panties?"

Then I finished my dialogue, which involved me nearly peeing on an undercover cop for a fee of $300.

I waited with bated breath for that slow rumble of applause all actors live for. Although no one has clapped for a writer or actor before in our class, surely this was because they hadn't yet discovered the hidden gem amongst them.

It never came, but I remain hopeful.

Perhaps they were all just jealous of my obvious and enormous talent despite my lack of formal training.

A girl’s gotta start somewhere.

I’m off to Hollywood!!!


Toodles!

No comments:

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio