Friday, April 17, 2009

Facebook Obsession

Okay, attempt numero uno at the short blog posts and getting my blog back in gear. I’ve heard the angry roars from my followers (kidding).

Topic of the day…My current obsession with Facebook, which improved, but then got MUCH worse after my family developed the GI BUG FROM HELL. Psychological recovery from this has proven tougher than physical recovery. Since I’m a writer by trade and have my laptop on all but 5 hours a day, the checking Facebook thing has gotten out of hand. Those little red notification notices are too tempting to resist.

The silly applications are worse. Why do I even take time to do them? I guess for a little bit of non-kid fun. I’m addicted to Scrabble, Kidnap, Pieces of Flair and occasionally get tempted into other things like Vampire Wars, Little Green Patch, Little Blue Cove and the like.

I’ve been Tweeting a lot more. I’m learning a bit about how use it more professionally, but really just playing so far. I have about 600 followers and I really have no idea how that happened, but it’s made Twitter much more interesting.

I’m feeling very nostalgic this week and looking at the interconnectivity of life. So many of my friends know each other, but people from different parts of my life that I never thought would have met. I no longer think it’s six degrees of separation, I think it is more like one or two.

Digging through the patchwork of my life is proving to be very interesting.

Toodles.

No comments:

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio