Friday, October 5, 2007

Mind Power

Do some people have psychic powers?

I've definitely seen what appear to be trends in behaviors, but I have no clue really. I'd think there would be a bunch of double-blind, case-control scientific studies on it considering how many people are into the paranormal.

I'm not sure about psychics exactly, but I do think some people have much more strongly developed powers of perception than others. When I was about a week pregnant with my third child in April of 2006, my oldest child, then 3, placed her hands on my stomach and looked up at me (in front of my husband) and said, "Mommy, there's a baby in your tummy. I had NO idea I was pregnant. I even said, "No Hunny, I'm just bloated."

I was using two forms of birth control and breastfeeding my second child (who had just turned 1), so I didn't think pregnancy was even a possibility.

Two days later, my eldest told my mother that I had a baby in my tummy, and that I told her I didn't, but that she was sure I did and that it was a baby sister.

A few months later, when we had the ultrasound that confirmed the baby was a girl, I was so excited to tell my daughter. She just said, "I already knew that, Mommy."

I read a thing about the show "Medium," which I do not watch, but it was an interview with the woman who stars and the real woman it is based on. Apparently she has been hugely successful helping the police solve unsolved crimes using psychic abilities. Who knows?

I've personally had lots and lots of what might be psychic moments, but they are usually so silly and I always blow it off as a coincidence. But maybe there are no coincidences.

No comments:

Click THIS BANNER for my Freelance Portfolio